Red tide continues to plague county beaches | Environment
Sarasota, Florida -- It appears Sarasota County residents won't be able to enjoy the waters of area beaches this weekend.
The FWC reported Wednesday medium concentrations of the red tide bloom that has been plaguing the area continues to have a presence. In addition, fish deaths and respiratory irritation continue to be reported in the county south through Lee County.
Photo Gallery: Dead fish liter Turtle Beach
FWC says sampling will continue this week, and complete results will be available in the next scheduled status report on Friday, Jan. 25.
Beach conditions can change daily, so to find out what beach is red tide free, you can consult Mote Marine Laboratory's Beach Conditions Report. You can all call 941-BEACHES (232-2437) and press 1 for Sarasota beaches.
Upcoming Events near Sarasota Beaches
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Community comes through for National Cemetery in Sarasota
- Homeowners complain of noise from Bradenton Motorsport Park
- Major Bradenton road construction project update
- How Seniors in Florida Can Stay Socially Connected During the Holidays: Advice from Dr. Roger Landry
- Pirates announce 2014 Spring Training Schedule