Boil water notice issued for Sarasota barrier islands | News
Sarasota, Florida -- Sarasota officials have issued a boil water notice for the following areas of the city: Bird Key, City Island, Coon Key, Lido Key and St. Armand Key.
The notice comes after a contractor broke a water line in the early morning hours of Tuesday. Repairs on the line required the lowering of water pressure, which can allow contamination.
The precautionary boil water notice for the barrier islands will remain in effect until further notice.
Upcoming Events near Sarasota Beaches
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Community comes through for National Cemetery in Sarasota
- Homeowners complain of noise from Bradenton Motorsport Park
- Major Bradenton road construction project update
- How Seniors in Florida Can Stay Socially Connected During the Holidays: Advice from Dr. Roger Landry
- Pirates announce 2014 Spring Training Schedule